I forwarded the message from the Senate Committee on Committees chair, Cynthia Park, Sunday 13Feb2011.
newscenter.sdsu.edu/universitysenate/images/2010pffinalrev.pdfscroll to p. 71
Please answer the following questions regarding your committee and its
- 1. Is this description of your committee's purpose (in Section 2.0)
adequate? What changes, if any, would you propose to make to this section?
- 2. Is the committee membership adequate for carrying out your assigned
purpose? Should the membership increase or decrease in size? Please offer
specific proposals if changes should be made.
- 3. How often does the committee meet? How many times did it meet in
the 2009-10 academic year? Are the number of meetings adequate to
accomplish the committee's purpose?
- 4. How does the committee manage rotation of its members?
- 5. How does the committee manage rotation of the chair?
- 6. How does your committee view its relationship with the Senate, the
Senate Executive Committee, and the Senate office (Officers, Administrative
Coordinator)? How supported to you feel in doing your work by the
administrative structure of the Senate? When issues within your committee
have arisen, to what degree were you able to use the Senate administrative
structure to help you resolve those issues? To what extent has the Senate's
administrative structure been responsive to your committee's ideas? If
appropriate, make recommendations for changes in the ways committee work is
managed at SDSU.
- 7. Please make any other comments about the purpose, functioning, or membership of your committee here.
Thank you for your response,
The Committee on Constitution and Bylaws
Cynthia Park, Chair